What classes do you teach?
Jump Board Interval
Pilates Mat I
Pilates Reformer I
Pilates Reformer II
PEC- Pilates Equipment Combo
PIC- Pilates Intensive Challenge
Therapeutic Gentle Yoga
Yoga I with Essential Oils and Sound/Vibration Therapy
- Training and Certifications
- 6 ACE (American Council on Exercise) Certifications
- Certified Medical Exercise Specialist (CMES)
- Certified Orthopedic Exercise Specialist
- Certified Behavioral Change Specialist
- Health Coach
- Group Fitness Instructor
- Personal Trainer
- E-RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance
- E-RYS Essence of Yoga to Certify Yoga Teachers
- RPYT (Prenatal) and RCYT (Children) with Yoga Alliance
- C-IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist
- Full Stott Pilates Certification, Level II
- Certified Reiki Master
- Board Certified Holistic Alternative Psychology Master
- Some Energetics Board Certified Sound Therapy Practitioner
- VSA Certified Vibrational Sound Therapist
- TRX Suspension Trainer Certified Instructor/Trainer
- Johnny G. Star 3 Certified Spinning Instructor
- IIA Certified Clinical and Therapeutic Aromatherapist
- IIN Certified Health Coach
- University of Toledo Bachelors of Science with focus in Health and Wellness, Master’s Degree in Progress.
- Favorite exercise(s) and why?
- Walking lunges, anything on the Pilates equipment, and yoga. I love how walking lunges strengthen your legs and also help with balance and flexibility. Pilates is just plain good for everything - mind and body. Yoga keeps me centered and focused - it brings everything together!
- Favorite thing(s) to do when not exercising/working?
- Play with my boys!! And, I love animals and plants (of course my hubby, too!!)'
- Favorite food and movie?
- Favorite food - Anything with cheese!!
- Favorite movie - I love any movie with Robin Williams, he always makes me laugh!
- Why do you believe in Essence mbs and what are your goals for the clients you work with at Essence?
- I have always believed in essence - even before it came to be! We ARE more than our bodies - SO much more! To really take care of our health, we must work from the inside out - on all levels - physical, mental, spiritual, etc.
A synonym for essence is "core". In the world of Pilates we talk about the core a lot. But, if we really take a look at all training techniques - yoga, cardio fitness, strength training - it all starts from the core and works out. I believe that the staff at Essence is SO wonderful and that their focus is truly for the well-being of the clients. '
I want for the clients of Essence to feel that they have a place to go where they can be truly cared for and be taught how to care for themselves safely. I hope for them to feel uplifted - physically, mentally, and even spiritually - when they leave and that they can't wait to come back!! Exercise is something we all need, but it doesn't need to feel like a chore. I hope my clients find it to be fun at Essence.
Learn more about Diana here!